Sunday, September 9, 2007

tom has been tagged

Jobs I've Had: potato picker, carpenter's assistant, custodian in a dress shop, potato cellar builder, truck driver, Portuguese language instructor, banker, Seminary and Institute instructor.

Places to go for a weekend get-away: Out of town. North to Wyoming, South to Salt Lake and St. George, west to the desert, and east to the mountains. Anywhere will do.

Movies I can watch over and over: Indiana Jones, The Gods Must Be Crazy, John Wayne westerns, and Sleepless in Seattle. Just about anything with Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks.

Guilty Pleasures: Long, hot showers; Sausage Egg McMuffin; Charley's Steak Sandwich; Maddox' Hamburgers; Jazz games.

Places I've Lived: South Carolina, Idaho, Montana, Wisconsin, Utah, Brazil, and Washington D.C.

What were the first things you thought of when you saw your sweetie for the first time?: "Now we're talking!!"

Places I've been for vacation: California, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, and our trip to Philly, N. Y., and D. C.. I must include our most memorable "vacation," although it was more of an educational experience, and that was our trip to Italy, Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. We have also been to Church History sites in New York, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, and Wyoming with Church Education; And who can forget our family trips from Wisconsin to Utah and Wyoming and back again, every year for a dozen years. Now that was some fun. I have a special fondness for the California coast, Yellowstone, Utah's Red Rock country, and the family cabin in Star Valley, not to mention floating the Salt River.

Favorite Foods: Oriental, Mexican, Italian, Seafood and Steak.

If in a jam with your spouse, what tactics do you use to get out of the doghouse? Be the first to apologize. And believe me, I am usually wrong . . . o.k, o.k, you believe me.

Websites I visit regularly: The Church and B.Y.U. sites for information on Mormon emigrants, newspaper sites, Yahoo for books and cars, Ranger boats which I cannot afford, real estate sites, L.L. Bean and Land's End. And of course, recently, your blogs. Pretty good stuff, and you are pretty fine writers and thinkers. Who knew?

Best first kiss landmarks: Read Barbara's blog. It's all true.

Places I'd rather be right now: I'd like to visit England, return to Italy, and take all of you to the Holy Land and Egypt. But right now, I just like being home. I do love home.

Who Sent This to Me: Barbara Ann Price, the sweetest thing I know of.

4 comments:

Sara said...

What fun things I didn't know about you- all of the jobs you've had! You forgot to mention Philly in the "places you'd rather be" section...
Love you! Sara

Kati said...

Hey Mom....the Aveda product is
Flax seed aloe.
It is a sculpting gel.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
I think you will too!
Kati

Kati said...

I check your blog pretty much everyday...I think Tom has been tagged about 100 times for me...

Ready for a new post......hee hee!

Kati said...

Okay....seriously! I think Tom has been tagged about 500 times for me now. Do I need to tag you again just to get a new post????

Maybe after vacation next week...you will have something to blog about.