Monday, February 4, 2008

SNOW - AGAIN - AND AGAIN.....

Man alive, I thought we had a lot of snow the last time I posted pictures! A week ago we had 8 inches, then the middle of the week we had 10 inches, and then Sunday we had almost 20 inches! That's all in ONE WEEK! So here are a bunch more pictures.

Here's Dad, Sunday morning, starting once again to clear the front walk. By the way, they canceled Church! It snowed all day. We were really blessed---We had 3 different neighbors at 3 different times, clear off our driveway! So Dad only had a couple of inches to finish off this morning!



Sunday night I took this out the dining room window. It's a little blurry because it's a timed exposure, and I was holding the camera. But you can see the mounds of snow--everywhere. Dan's car has about 16 inches of snow on it.



This is our mailbox, looking at it from the street.



Front door--somewhere.



This is the sidewalk on the driveway side of the house. I put the sled up there to try to give you an idea of how high the snow really is.



Dad just cleared off Dan's car, and is snow-blowing it away. Look how deep it is where it's landing.


Here's the roof that we're worried about. Look how thick the ice is. We pray every day for the safety of our home.



The sun finally came out today!!!!



We weren't sure the mailman would deliver our mail today, but he did. Tomorrow, Dad will take the snow blower and try to get it dug out so the mailman can drive up to it, like we're suppose to do.



Dad's working on the front walk again!



My friend Karen's house. She's 2 blocks higher up the bench than we are, and she gets a few more inches every snowfall.



At the bottom of our driveway.



Can you believe this!!!!



I feel like I'm living at a ski resort or something! I've never seen so much snow in Utah. We're suppose to get some more snow on Wednesday, and then it's suppose to warm up to 40 on Friday and Saturday. Just so it doesn't melt too fast!



Come see us---and our snow!

2 comments:

Sara said...

seriously, that is amazing. SO much snow! I am so jealous!!

Kati said...

Oh MY! I thought we were hit hard. That is crazy!!!!!
I hope your house stays safe too!
Kati