Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday's "Gratitude"

1. I'm grateful for our home, and being able to live next to these beautiful mountains. They were so beautiful this morning as I was driving up the hill, with a touch of snow, and the clear blue sky above.

2. I'm grateful to live at a time and in a place where we have the medical help that we have. I know that doctors do not have all the answers (there's so much Heavenly Father hasn't revealed yet!), but I'm grateful for the artificial hips and knee that I have, so I'm not in the kind of pain I was in before the surgery.

3. I'm grateful for a friend, Karen, whose example spurred me on to join "Curves," where I go exercise with her at least 3 times a week. It feels so good!

4. I'm grateful for the technology that allows us to have these "blogs." I love reading the blogs from my family!

5. I'm grateful for a Relief Society program that supports a book club. Last month we read "Anytime, Anyplace" by Elder Groberg, which has some very moving stories of faith, and this month we're reading "God Wants a Powerful People" by Sheri Dew. She encourages the reader to keep a journal as you read the book, and write down any impressions that come to you. It has been very interesting, and enlightening.

So that's it for today. It will be Thanksgiving next week! Can hardly wait to have at least some of the family here for dinner!

No comments: